Add a user code to Alarm.com
How to add users and codes to Alarm.com
Alarm.com is the online service that powers your alarm system. When you add a user and code online it is pushed to your alarm system within a few minutes. Add users and codes so that other people (visitors, employees, family members, etc.) can turn your alarm system off and on.
1. Use a web browser to visit alarm.com and click on “Login” at the top.
2. Enter your username, password and then click “LOGIN”. If you need help logging in, click on “Forgot Username…” and follow the steps. If you are still unable to sign in, please contact us.
3. Click on “Users” on the left.
4. Click on “ADD NEW USER” on the top right.
5. Enter a first name, last name and then click “CREATE”.
6. Enter the access code in the “Access Code” field. This is the code that will be used to turn the alarm system off and on.
Depending on your alarm system type, you will need to enable the toggle next to “Security Panel” or “Partition 1” by clicking on it. The toggle will turn blue when enabled (pictured below). BE SURE TO ENABLE THE ALARM SYSTEM BUBBLE FOR PROPER ACCESS.
If the person should have access to one or more locks, enable the toggle next to the appropriate lock by clicking on it.
When you are finished entering the Access Code and choosing alarm systems and/or locks, click on “SAVE”.
Your webpage might also look like this:
7. You will then be taken to the user summary screen. Note the two synchronizing logos – this means the user information is being uploaded to your alarm system.
7. After a few minutes the “Synchronizing devices” message will disappear a keylock will appear next to the new Access Code:
This means the code is ready to be used at the alarm panel.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions about Alarm.com.
Still need help? We are here.
3001 W Loop 250 N
Midland, Texas 79705
(432) 242-2700 Midland
(432) 363-5200 Odessa
(888) 726-6222 Toll-Free