Edit Alarm.com Users
How to edit and delete Alarm.com users
Alarm.com is the online service that powers your alarm system. If you need to remove someone from your alarm system or change their access code, follow the steps below.
1. Use a web browser to visit alarm.com and click on “Login” at the top.
2. Enter your username, password and then click “LOGIN”. If you need help logging in, click on “Forgot Username…” and follow the steps. If you are still unable to sign in, please contact us.
3. Click on “Users” on the left.
4. Click on three dots menu to the right of the user.
If you want to delete the user and their alarm system access, click Delete and follow the prompts.
If you wish to modify the user code or access, click Edit.
5. If you simply want to rename the person, click the pencil next to the existing name and follow the prompts.
To change the access code or other access permissions, click the existing access code.
6. Enter the access code in the “Access Code” field. This is the code that will be used to turn the alarm system off and on.
Depending on your alarm system type, you will need to enable the toggle next to “Security Panel” or “Partition 1” by clicking on it. The toggle will turn blue when enabled (pictured below). BE SURE TO ENABLE THE ALARM SYSTEM BUBBLE FOR PROPER ACCESS.
If the person should have access to one or more locks, enable the toggle next to the appropriate lock by clicking on it.
When you are finished entering the Access Code and choosing alarm systems and/or locks, click on “SAVE”.
Your webpage might also look like this:
7. You will then be taken to the user summary screen. Note the two synchronizing logos – this means the user information is being uploaded to your alarm system.
8. After a few minutes the “Synchronizing devices” message will disappear a keylock will appear next to the new Access Code:
This means the code is ready to be used at the alarm panel.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions about Alarm.com.
3001 W Loop 250 N
Midland, Texas 79705
(432) 242-2700 Midland
(432) 363-5200 Odessa
(888) 726-6222 Toll-Free