All effort is made to provide complete and accurate information within this guide. However, due to the ever-changing nature of technology some of the information may be out of date. If you purchased security cameras from Westechs, please contact us for help setting up your apps.
3. Once installed, open up the app. The app may ask for permission to send you notifications and other options. We recommend allowing these so that the app works properly, but they aren’t required to simply view your cameras.
4. You must tell the app your region. Choose your region from the dropdown menu then tap OK.
5. On the next screen tap “Add” under the Local Device section. If you do not have or see Add Local Device, tap the + in the top right of the screen.
6. On the Add Device screen enter the following information:
6a: Alias – enter a description that you would like to use such as “Home” or “Work”
6b: Address: (refer to your Westechs welcome letter or contact our support)
6c: Port: (refer to your Westechs welcome letter or contact our support)
6d: User Name (refer to your Westechs welcome letter or contact our support)
6e: Password: (refer to your Westechs welcome letter or contact our support)
When you are done entering this information, tap the “Save” icon at the top right.
8. If all of the information is correct you will see a “Start Live View” at the bottom. Tap this button to enter live view and then see our article on how to use the Alibi app.
If you receive a “Connection Failed” message, confirm the information you have entered above and tape the Save icon in the top right again. Please contact us if you continue to receive the “Connection Failed” message.
If you need to add additional devices (such as other locations), click the Menu button in the top left, tap “Devices” and return to Step 5.
Returning to the App
When you leave and return to the app you should tap the name of the system you want to access. In the picture below you would tap on “Work” in order to access the cameras. Some versions of the app may display a small picture of a recorder instead of the name – tap the picture to open your cameras.
Now that you have your camera system added to the Alibi app, be sure to view our guide to using the Alibi app to see your live and recorded cameras.
3001 W Loop 250 N
Midland, Texas 79705
(432) 242-2700 Midland
(432) 363-5200 Odessa
(888) 726-6222 Toll-Free