How to setup the camera App
This guide illustrates how to configure the Hikvision app on your phone or tablet so that you can view your live and recorded security cameras. This is a consolidated guide for both Android and Apple devices.
All effort is made to provide complete and accurate information within this guide. However, due to the ever-changing nature of technology some of the information may be out of date. If you purchased security cameras from Westechs, please contact us for help setting up your apps.
1. Android users: download and install “ivms 4500” by Hikvision HQ from the Google Play Store.
2. Apple users: download and install “ivms 4500 lite” by Hikvision Digital Technology from the Apple App Store.
3. Once installed, open up the app. The app may ask for permission to send you notifications and other options. We recommend allowing these so that the app works properly, but they aren’t required to simply view your cameras.
4. You must tell the app your region. Tap the pencil icon, then tap “America”. Scroll towards the bottom and choose “USA” or “United States”.
5. Press the red Enter button.
6. You are taken to a “Live View” window. Tap the menu button which are three horizontal lines in the upper left.
7. Tap “Devices”. We recommend approving permission requests so that you get full functionality, but it isn’t necessary just to view your cameras.
8. The app includes a demo device that we need to remove. Apple users can swipe the listing to the left and tap the newly exposed red “Delete” button. Android users can tap and hold the listing – this will open a box asking “Confirm to delete?”. Tap “Confirm”.
9. The devices view should now contain no listings. Tap the plus icon within the circle which is located in the top right.
10. In the new drop-down menu, choose “Manual Adding”.
11. In the “New Device” menu, tap the different areas and use the following information:
Alias: (give this a description, such as Home or Work)
Register Mode: IP/Domain
Address: (see your welcome letter from Westechs)
Port: Leave at 8000 unless your welcome letter says otherwise
Username: (see your welcome letter)
Password: (see your welcome letter)
12. When you have entered all of the above information, tap the Save icon in the top right. After a brief verification, the “Camera No.” field at the bottom will change to reflect the number of cameras installed. Tap “Start Live View”.
If you receive a “Connection Failed” message, confirm the information you have entered above and tape the Save icon in the top right again. Please contact us if you continue to receive the “Connection Failed” message.
If you need to add additional devices (such as other locations), click the Menu button in the top left, tap “Devices” and return to Step 9.
Still need help?
3001 W Loop 250 N
Midland, Texas 79705
(432) 242-2700 Midland
(432) 363-5200 Odessa
(888) 726-6222 Toll-Free